Discover 7 Secrets Control Smoking Urges Successfully…
Here are the 7 Secrets to Control Smoking Urges Effectively.
You’ve heard all the witty quit smoking sayings. “It’s the cigarette that smokes. You are just the sucker” – “Cigarettes are a classy way to commit suicide”.
You’ve heard them all and none has any effect on you. Most smokers can’t give two hoots about these witticisms that non-smokers seem to enjoy throwing around. Smokers know how immensely difficult and painful quitting can be.
[thrive_link color=’light’ link=’https://nicotineslave.com/go/lung-detoxification/’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]How To Improve Lung Health After Quitting Smoking[/thrive_link]
There is no doubt that it is a challenge. In fact, it’s one of the toughest challenges in life. Millions make New Year resolutions to quit smoking… and fail… and make the same resolution the following year. And fail again. Like a hamster on a wheel, they keep going in circles without getting anywhere.
1. Start a journal for a week and see when the times you smoke are. Is it after each meal? After a stressful day at work? Just before you go to bed?
You need to know exactly how many cigarettes you are smoking and when you are smoking them. This is the first secret. You need to know yourself and your smoking patterns.
2. You need to plan your course of attack. You may have heard the saying, “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail”. This is extremely true when you are trying to eliminate the smoking habit.
Now that you know exactly when you smoke and how many sticks a day you smoke, you can plan how to reduce the number of cigarettes gradually over a period of 8 weeks or even 12 weeks. There is no rush. What truly matters is that you must make progress.
3. Avoid temptations at all cost. Don’t go to parties if you smoke there. Avoid tobacco stores and stop hanging around friends who smoke. This is just a temporary measure till you quit smoking permanently. Most smokers try to prevent their friends from quitting smoking due to some convoluted idea of brotherhood.
4. Throw away ashtrays, lighters, matches, cigarettes, etc. from your house and workplace. You do not want anything even remotely connected to cigarettes near you. Spend a day wiping your house down with disinfectant so that you remove the smell of tobacco from your surroundings. Wash all your clothes with scented detergents too.
5. Most smokers have a designated corner in their house or a special spot somewhere where they can light up and puff away. If you have such a spot in your house, it’s time for some rearranging. Move furniture around, throw in a water fountain for feng shui, etc. It doesn’t matter what you do as long as the spot looks different and no longer reminds you of smoking.
6. Write down your why. This is of paramount importance. Most personal trainers ask their clients why they wish to lose weight and they write it down. There is a reason for this.
[thrive_link color=’purple’ link=’https://nicotineslave.com/go/lung-detoxification/’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]How To Improve Lung Health After Quitting Smoking[/thrive_link]
When the going gets tough and it inevitably will, you will always be able to look back at what you wrote and remember why you started in the first place. This is highly motivating during those dark times when you are tempted to throw in the towel.
7. Believe in yourself. Always know in your heart that you can do it. Others have done it and so can you. You will reach your goal if you stay the course and keep on keeping on.
Follow the 7 Secrets Control Smoking Urges above and you will raise your chances of successfully quitting smoking greatly. Have faith in your efforts. You are greater than the addiction.
See our home page ‘Nicotine Slave‘ for further articles and information.